With its ever-expanding international practice, Fornaro Law also provides legal services in immigration law to assist its foreign clients doing business or residing in the U.S. Our firm is dedicated to the practice of U.S. immigration law as well; thus, we have extensive experience and a strong command of all facets of this legal field.

Business & Employment Based Immigration

Whether you are an individual employee seeking to invest or work in the U.S. or an employer seeking to hire foreign employees, Fornaro Law can help you:

  • Answer all of your questions regarding investment or employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant visas
  • Explain the visa process and what you need to do to prepare for it

Some of the various business and employment-based immigration matters that our lawyers can provide invaluable help with include:

  • Treaty Trader/Investor Visas (E-1 & E-2 Visas)
  • H-1B Visas for Skilled Professionals
  • L-1 Visas for Multinational Executives
  • Investor Visas such as EB-5 Visas
  • & More

E-1 Treaty Trader and E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

At Fornaro Law, we place a primary focus on meeting the employment and business immigration needs of corporations and investors around the world. We know that in today’s global marketplace, business and immigration interests often overlap. Our treaty trader or investor visa lawyers know the laws, application requirements and strategies to help you resolve the most complex visa problems and answer all of your questions regarding how to qualify for investment visa types such as the E-1 and E-2.

L-1 Visas for Multi-National Executives

Foreign parent companies, affiliates, branches or subsidiaries of US-based companies, including “start-up” operations, may seek L-1A visas for intra-company transferee managers and executives, and L-1B visas for intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge of the company’s products or processes. At Fornaro Law, our L-1 visa attorneys also provide business establishment services, including incorporation, LLC set-up and partnership agreements, as well as expert immigration advice necessary to obtain an L-1 visa.

B-1 Business Visitor Visa

B-1 business visas are non-immigrant visas granted to individuals who are coming to the U.S. for a short period of time to conduct certain business-related activities that do not include working for payment from a U.S. company or source.

H-1B Work Visa

H-1B visa program allows U.S. companies to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations which require at least a bachelor’s degree in the specific specialty. Our work visa lawyers have years of experience handling professional visa applications for clients throughout the Chicagoland area and the rest of the world. In addition to the H-1B work visa or the L-1A work visa, our law firm has had success helping employers and individuals obtain numerous other non-immigrant visa applications.

In addition, our clients can expect the following advantages:

  • Continuity of legal representation throughout the life of your case
  • Convenient office locations in LaGrange, IL and Hinsdale, IL.
  • Free confidential initial consultations
  • Personal attention from experienced lawyers and support staff


Along with business immigration cases, Fornaro Law also provides services in some types of family immigration cases as well as in asylum cases. Asylum in the United States may be sought for foreign citizens in the U.S. who have been persecuted or fear persecution in their homeland if they return. Asylum is also known as political asylum and pertains to persecution based on one’s race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or one’s political beliefs. If you fall in this category, you must apply for asylum with one year of entering the U.S. Being granted asylum will allow you to remain in this country.

If you need legal assistance in applying for asylum, we advise you to contact Fornaro Law to discuss your situation with our immigration lawyers.

Student Visas

Visas are very specifically tailored to the requirements and necessities of each individual. For instance, if a student is enrolled in a recreational program and a short course that is under 18 hours a week, he or she needs a visitor visa. If a student is willing to pursue a full-time academic program which is more than 18 hours a week in the U.S., a student visa is required for the stay within the country. Each consulate and embassy has its own policies when applying for a student visa, such as the interview policy procedure of an in-person meeting with the first-time student visa applicant in question. When attempting the student visa process, you should contact Fornaro Law.