Commercial Real Estate & Transactional Attorney Job Description
Fornaro Law is a growing firm that grasps technology such as the internet, blockchain, and cybercurrency like Bitcoin. Fornaro Law’s streamlined implementation of systems elevates the firm and its client to a higher level. We are seeking a commercial and transactional attorney to join our talented team who is well organized, detail oriented and adaptable with the willingness and ability to learn and implement a defined prioritization system. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience as an attorney with transactional and commercial real estate experience, and general management of case files. Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required. This is an exciting and challenging position that will allow you to grow as a professional.
- Draft leases, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, deeds, etc. for residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Coordinate and direct the review, management and preparation of commercial leasing and acquisition documentation.
- Review Purchase and Sale Agreements, due diligence, monitor contingencies, review and prepare title objections, survey and environmental reviews, closing documents and wire transfers.
- Conduct closings and complete post-closing documentation and administration.
- Review leases and Common Area Maintenance clauses.
- Review and monitor agreements with developers, approval of conditions required prior to draw disbursement and developer payment.
- Draft and review initial documentation, obtain approvals, modified documents as necessary and coordinated document execution.
- Negotiate leases and amendments.
- Review title policies and ALTA surveys for conformance.
- Manage and negotiate vendor and employment contracts.
- Draft and review complex operating agreements and bylaws, shareholders’ agreements, master service and service level agreements, private placement memorandums, indemnity agreements, and other client contracts.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of landlords to commercial tenants’ management and counsel relating to claims, defenses, and other disputes arising under lease agreements.
- Provide assistance to senior level attorneys, senior paralegals and staff members, review and preparation of documents, reports and correspondence.
- Effectively organize and maintain case and client files.
- Monitor and calendar case deadlines.
- Minimum 5+ years job experience as an attorney with commercial and transactional experience with an interest in foreign investment and immigration.
- Willing to pitch in and support growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve, and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients
- Fast thinker/quick learner
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
Leave a Comment