Experienced and business focused attorney with an interest in working as part of a team in an exciting law firm with a diverse practice. Good leadership and strong personal skills are a must. Position requires experience in commercial, industrial and residential real estate, transactional work, corporate structuring, and estate planning matters; an interest in immigration is a plus. Must be ready to step into a problem and fix it without hesitation, while guiding less experienced lawyers and staff through whatever issues arise. The best candidates will want to manage and grow an existing practice together with like-minded lawyers and staff, which may require working evenings or weekends. Attention to details, high standards of professionalism, and a willingness to take responsibility for your work and the work of others is also required.
- More than 8 years of experience handling residential and commercial real estate matters and drafting documents, including letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, zoning documents, and investigating title matters.
- Must have an understanding of business deals to help create corporate structures for high value clients that operate both domestically and internationally, including drafting documents and preparing private placement memoranda.
- Experience drafting contracts, employment agreements and related covenants regulating competition and/or solicitation of customers/employees, and wills and trusts.
- Past responsibility for overseeing attorneys and staff.
- Candidates must be detail oriented with strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to work well under stressful situations and time deadlines.
- Licensed in the State of Illinois; licensed in Indiana or Wisconsin is a plus.
- Willing to expand a practice, to learn new areas of law, and to devote substantial time building client relationships and networking.
- Interested in technology and using it to increase efficiency in the practice.